Arrival and Dismissal (Regular Schedule)
Our greatest concern is for the safety and supervision of the children at these times. Parents are responsible for ensuring their children arrive and leave the school grounds safely under supervision. Children who remain on site after school has been dismissed are sent to Daycare until parents arrive. Daycare fees will apply.
Drivers should enter only from Harrison Avenue and exit onto Berkeley Avenue during morning drop-off and both Berkeley and Bonita Avenues during after school pick-up. Morning drop-off times are 7:30 a.m. – 7:45 a.m.; afternoon pick-ups begin promptly at the dismissal bell. If children arrive before 7:30 a.m. they are to report to Daycare. Classroom doors open at 7:30 a.m. for all students.
- Vehicles enter from Harrison Avenue only and exit to Berkeley Avenue during morning carpool and onto Berkeley Avenue and Bonita Avenue during after school carpool. Right turn only on exit. As a courtesy to other families and to other road users, keep the carpool lines moving.
- Please pull forward in lines as far as possible. If necessary, drive around the block (Berkeley Avenue-Bonita Avenue-Mountain Avenue-Harrison Avenue) and re-enter on Harrison Avenue.
- Bonita Carpool (grass): Carpools with students in grades 1-8 line-up on the benches along the field.
- Berkeley Carpool (flagpole): Carpools with students in grades 5-8, without younger carpool members, meet at the blue benches by the flagpole.
- Drivers picking up children need to have a surname sign (Appendix E) visible in the windshield so that the teachers can identify and call out the name. Children must be seated facing forward during this time.
- Stay in the carpool lines. Do not pull out of line, cut through, or move ahead of other cars. This is a safety hazard and will also cause further delays in the carpool lines.
- Teachers are positioned to help supervise the flow of carpools before and after school. This is not a time for conferences. Do not approach teachers at this time. Please keep the lines moving.
- Children must be picked up by an adult at dismissal. Children walking home unaccompanied must have a note signed and dated on file at the school office which explains the circumstances.
- Walkers must not use these carpool exits. Children and parents who are walking in or out to cars must use the exit via the patio breezeway between the church and auditorium. Teachers will direct all walkers to the patio breezeway.
- Children may not wait in front of or inside the church. These locations are not a place to pick-up or drop off children. Please obey curbside laws for parking. Claremont PD will cite drivers.
- Children must not be dropped off or picked up on Harrison Avenue, Berkeley Avenue, or Bonita Avenue unless under the supervision of parents who are walking them in or out of parked cars.
- There is restricted vehicular access to the grounds from Harrison Avenue, Berkeley Avenue or Bonita Avenue during the following times:
|Harrison to Berkeley Ave.||Harrison to Bonita Ave.|
|Monday-Thursday||8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.||7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
|Early Dismissal||8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.||7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.|
- At 2:00 p.m. the Kindergarten teacher and a member of the staff will accompany the children to the upper parking lot to dismiss in a “Kindergarten only” carpool.
- Drivers enter on Harrison Avenue and exit on Berkeley Avenue.
- Children who go to Daycare at 2:00 p.m. and who will be picked up at 3:00 p.m. with siblings will be escorted by Daycare personnel to their correct carpools for collection in the regular carpool lines.
Rainy Day Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival – Parents are to drop-off students following the same procedures as dismissal. Staff members will be available to assist Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten to their classrooms.
Dismissal – It is important that rainy day dismissal instructions are followed by all families in order to maintain a smooth, calm and safe pick-up transition.
- No after- school sports events on rainy days. The Athletic Director and coaches may reschedule events. Children go to extended daycare or are picked up at carpool.
- PLEASE display the family surname sign in the front windshield, so that teachers can easily identify the carpool and call for the children without delay.
- There is NO BREEZEWAY pick up on rainy days. DO NOT walk in to collect children. This is dangerous and causes delays and confusion.
On rainy days, the two carpool lines follow the usual routes in the parking lot. Children will be ready promptly at the dismissal bell in the areas outlined below. For the safety of the children, please follow these instructions to pick up your children.
Children who have no siblings or carpool in Bonita building are dismissed from rooms 11, 13, 15 and 17. Teachers announce which cars are ready to load, at which time these children will be allowed to exit the building to go to their cars. Berkeley building students will go to the classroom of their youngest sibling/carpool member and when their name is called will go out to the carpool line to meet their carpool vehicle.
Children who have siblings in the Bonita building are escorted across before dismissal to join the youngest sibling/carpool. Families/carpools are gathered together and dismissed from the hallway for loading.
Teachers use walkie talkies to announce which cars are ready to load, at which time these children will be allowed to go to their cars.
Children will wait in their classroom until their family/carpool name is called, at which time these children will be allowed to go to their cars.
Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten
The teachers will walk the students to the end of the Bonita building and carpool will be loaded from there.
Bonita children go to Junior Kindergarten to meet daycare personnel. Berkeley children go to room 12.
If you prefer to pick-up from the classroom, please wait at the benches outside the Bonita Building until 3:15 p.m. The purpose in waiting is to expedite the carpool line and to maintain the safety of the students. Crossing families between cars is difficult in the rain. Thank you for complying with these procedures. No children may leave unaccompanied on rainy days. If children are not collected at carpool, they are sent to Daycare and normal charges will apply.