3rd Grade Stewardship Project
"Santa Claus Inc."
- Religion Morality & Justice: Practices Stewardship in community
- Social Studies: 3.4.2: Identify the importance of public virtue and the role of citizens, including how to participate in community & civic life.
- Be a faithful Catholic who shows the love of God in daily words and actions
- Be a faithful Catholic who identifies and uses individual God given talents.
- Be a responsible citizen who is committed and willing to serve all.
SANTA CLAUS INC; Our 3rd grade class stewardship project involves our students bringing in a new ($5.00 valued) toy or book(s), or $5.00 cash to go towards the purchasing of a $5.00 toy during the months of September and October. At the end of October, the toys and books are donated to Santa Clause Inc. charity organization for preparation of distribution to needy families in our local area for the upcoming Christmas season. Third grade students will write cards and letters that will accompany the donated items to be given to the families that will receive Santa Claus Inc donations. This organization, based out of Ontario, is in its 59th year of servicing to the “working poor” making Christmas a little merrier for more than 14,000 local children. Through the months of February - April, third grade students will continue the collection of toys and books, and including at this time, “gently” used items; (no clothing), to be collected for the following year. All donated items are to be taken to the 3rd grade classrooms, 3B and 4A.